Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Some times people ask me what it's like to be self realised; an understandable question for the seeker. The question pre supposes that something has happened to me.  On the surface it seems logical to think that 'I' am having a different experience now.

What is important to understand is that there is no 'I'.

Self realisation is not reaching a point or achieving some goal but the simple realisation of the truth, of the fact that I am awareness that witnesses this experience and that the 'I' that I thought I was doesn't actually exist - and never did.  There is actually no-one here experiencing this experience although, alternatively you could say that awareness or even god is experiencing this human experience, that experience, the cat or dog experience.  As Ramana said 'all there is, is god'.  There is no-one here having this experience; the experience is sufficient in & of itself.

So, am I having a different experience from what I used to have - no, but this experience is now free from anguish, free of confusion, wondering, seeking and feeling that something is wrong.

1 Comments:

At 3:58 AM, Blogger Muman said...

Like your blog Roy. Emails to John Wheeler and reading Sailor Bob really helped me to to see through the no 'I'. As I read your first posts just now... so just saying Hello :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home